The hunger games

Decided on Sunday, 24 January 2016 to fast for a few days, just to detox and mainly to show my body that I will not allow it to dictate when and what I must eat.

Today is day four (nearing it's end) and I feel extremely good.

The first day was difficult but after that it actually became quite easy.
(I structure my life around the principal of doing the right thing(s) right for the right reason(s)

I was 7 Kg overweight on Sunday, I am now only 3 kg overweight and I expect to reach my target (ideal weight for my age and body type) of 87 Kg by Sunday 31/01/2016.

Quick-Quick and relatively painless.

I have fasted before but only for 3 or 4 days in succession. It helps to rectify the battle of wills between body and soul but not really to allow the stomach to shrink in order that one can feel satisfied without having to eat too much.

A certain advantage is the return of the body's ability to process sugar(s) After a three day fast one will experience a rush of energy if you indulge in something with sucrose or even some of the more complex sugars.

I have observed people who are slim and most of them eat small portions of whatever they want - no exclusions of meat, carbohydrates or whatever is deemed fattening.

The answer lies in moderation and the only one item that becomes a no-no, excessive sugar intake.
(keep it down to 8 teaspoons full or less per day)

I have never been really obese, having being active throughout my entire life but as one becomes older the activity (physical) level is reduced and the middle age spread wants to set in.

One has to make a conscious effort to prevent this in time otherwise one will end up having to get rid of 20 kilos or so - very difficult I think.

The ELSM (Eat-Less-Sh1t-More) concept will always be valid.

Fasting may not be very popular but it gives you a superior feeling to know that you are not a slave of your body and that you will not allow it to dictate how and when and what one should eat.

THINK NORMAL BODY WEIGHT - NOT THIN - THINK WHO (OR WHAT) YOU WANT TO BE IN CHARGE OF YOUR FOOD INTAKE.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FARM ATTACS IN SOUTH AFRICA

ATHEISM ??